If you are planning to start your career in modelling, you need to focus on various aspects. Starting a career in modelling requires patience, perseverance and a little knowledge about the field. Give a 2 minutes read to this article to know the complete insight of how to start your career in modelling. Before getting into the topic, let’s first understand what modelling is?
What is modelling?
Modelling is a very creative, glamorous career option. It is just the right place to earn name fame and money. A person who draws or advertise a product or service is called a model, and this profession is called modelling.
Type of modelling
There are different types of modelling in India; some of them are listed below.
- Ramp and fashion shows.
- Print ads and catalogue shoots
- E-commerce and website shoots
- TV commercial and many more
How to start a modelling career in India ?
Here, we are discussing a few aspects about how to start your career in modelling for female:
- Firstly, passion plays a significant role when it comes to any career option. You should have interest and love to face camera full stop if you want to enter into a modelling career you should feel like you are a model.
- Next comes the looks that play a vital role while starting a modelling career, you should know how to carry yourself the right way your body fit, and your personality should be charming and pleasing. Having a zero figure or a muscular body is not necessary.
- Next necessary aspect is confidence. You should have the confidence to face the camera, wear all types of garments and carry them with confidence.
- Talent and skill is another aspect when you want to be a model; you should know how to face the camera impose right in front of it. It would help if you were an expert in giving a variety of expressions according to the situation.
How to start your career in modelling for female at the age of 18?
To start your career in modelling at the age of 18, you need to contact top modelling agencies and fashion photographers. Build your professional portfolio from a top fashion photographer or a modelling agency. Try to make a portfolio from a leading modelling agency or renowned fashion photographer. Try to meet new people and contact different modelling agencies. Remember, the modelling agency has clients, and if your portfolio selected, you would get work.
Criteria to be a model
How to start your career in modelling for male?
You need to have a fit and lean body not necessary muscular or six-pack apps. If you have good muscles, it will benefit, but it’s not a compulsion. You should have pleasing as well as a confident personality.
How to start your career in modelling for female?
You don’t need to have a zero figure! A pleasing personality and confidence are in more demand these days. Generally, a female model is expected to have bust 33-36”, waist 22-28 and hips 33-36.
How to choose a modelling agency?
Instead of going for a modelling agency that deals with top models, choose a modelling agency with experience in helping out freshers. Make sure to do proper research about the modelling agency. A simple trick to avoid frauds is that genuine modelling agencies give you time to think before saying yes, while the fraud ones pressurize you. Besides that, fraud agencies promise you to pay more than the deserving fresher expected to get. So, be careful.
Start your career and be patient; many opportunities are waiting for you.
All the best!